Dr. Tiongco was born in Manila, Philippines and has been with Gastroenterology Associates of Tidewater since 1999. He is on staff at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center in Chesapeake, Virginia and Bon Secours DePaul Medical Center in Norfolk, Virginia.
Philosophy: Dr. Tiongco believes in the autonomy of the patient and encourages active involvement in their overall management and decision-making. He values trust and respect as the core of a healthy doctor-patient relationship.
Medical School: University of Philippines College of Medicine
Internship: Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center
Residency: Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center
Fellowship: University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center
Board Certified: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Expertise and Advanced Training:
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS)
- Therapeutic Upper Endoscopy (EGD) and Colonoscopy
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopacreatography (ERCP)
- Pillcamera Endoscopy
- Liver disorders – Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- Pancreatic disorders
- Gastrointestinal malignancy
- Chief of the Department of Medicine, Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- President, Philippine Medical Association of Southeastern Virginia
Languages: English, Tagalog and Spanish
Personal Interests: Dr. Tiongco enjoys travel, the arts and spending time with his family.